Jlab Bluetooth headphones have brought a new experience to sound and listening to your favorite songs. Although these devices remain awesome and good to use, there are times when a few problems might come up. For example, Why is Jlab Bluetooth Headphone Not Turning On?
If no sound is heard on one side of the earbuds, the headphones fail to connect to your BLUETOOTH device, or the device is not turning on, restoring the headphones’ factory settings may resolve the issue.
The information of all paired devices will be deleted (initialized). Perform pairing again from the beginning. Start deleting the registration information of this unit from the BLUETOOTH setting on the BLUETOOTH device. Charge the charging case.
In this article, Why is Jlab Bluetooth Headphone Not Turning On, we will discuss the best way to remedy this situation.
Why the music plays on the device but not through the headphones?
If you hear music through your device but not through your headphones:
1. Go to your device settings and re-establish the Bluetooth connection.
2. Be sure to adjust the volume on your Bluetooth device accordingly. The headphones will emit one beep if they are turned off.
3. The app you use on your device may affect playback timing. 4. Pause and turn on the music. This may fix the issue.
5. If the problem persists, turn off your headphones and turn them back on to re-establish a Bluetooth connection with your device.
After the earbuds are paired and connected to the Bluetooth device, they will still enter Bluetooth pairing. Go to Bluetooth settings and look for “Epic Air R” or “Epic Air L” that is trying to pair with the device. Click and connect to the device.
Once connected, unplug the earphone and forget about it. This will fix the reconnect issue.
Resetting the settings to their original state
- Insert the left and right headphones into the charging case.
- When the left earphone is charging, press and hold the left earphone’s touch sensor area for about 10 seconds. When the left indicator glows white, quickly tap the left earphone’s touch sensor area 3 times.
- After the left indicator flashes white 3 times, the indicator turns off, and the device returns to charging status. If the indicator does not start blinking white after tapping, repeat step 2 from the beginning.
- When the right earphone is charging, press and hold the touch sensor area of the right earphone for about 10 seconds. When the right indicator glows white, quickly tap the touch sensor area of the right earbud 3 times.
- After the right indicator flashes white 3 times, the indicator turns off and the device returns to charging status. If the indicator does not start blinking white after tapping, repeat step 3 from the beginning.
- Take the headphones out of the charging case. The left and right indicators light up and the power turns on.
- After a while, the left and right indicators will flash red. The left indicator starts flashing red and white alternately quickly. The settings are reset to the initial state (factory setting).
- When the L indicator flashes red and white rapidly and alternately, the earbuds are ready for device pairing. Pair the headphones with a device. Pairing (registering a device)
- Place the earpiece forward away from your ear, placing the ear hook on the back side, and begin moving the earpiece back towards your ear.
- Bring the earpiece to your ear canal and turn it inward.
- Turn and adjust until there is a proper seal. Try different sizes of nozzles to ensure a secure seal.
- Dry the earbuds completely before placing them in the charging case. If the earbuds are damp or damp, it may damage the charging case. The warranty will be void if water/sweat damage is found on the charging case.
- Do not deform the earpieces. The earcups are made of flexible silicone but also have an internal rigid structure for the antenna. Prying on the ear hooks can break or damage the antenna.
Headphones do not connect to a Bluetooth device.
- Go to device settings and turn Bluetooth off, and then on again. This will reset the Bluetooth search.
- If you have previously connected headphones to your Bluetooth device, forget “Epic Air R” or “Epic Air L” in the Bluetooth settings.
- Follow the BLUETOOTH PAIRING guide to establish a connection.
Epic Air: Pair Your Earbuds Together
If your Epic Air earbuds are not pairing automatically, please watch the following tutorial video at
- Turn on both headphones.
- Double-click the power/pairing button on one earbud until it flashes white quickly.
- Double-click the power/pairing button on the other earbud until it flashes white quickly.
Wait 10 seconds, and the indicator on the earbuds should start flashing white slowly. Your Epic Air headphones are not connected to each other. The next time you turn them on, they will automatically connect together.
Recalibration of Epic Air sensors can resolve inconsistencies associated with:
- Volume up / down
- Play / Pause
- Follow forward / backward
- Recalibrate one earbud at a time.
- Turn on one earpiece.
- Once turned on, press the Power/Pairing button ten times (the LED indicator should now glow white).
- Hold the earpiece by the outer case or by the hook. Make sure the touch sensor is not touching anything.
- Press the power/pairing button once (the LED indicator should flash blue).
- The touch sensor of the earpiece is now calibrated (the earpiece will remain on).
- Follow the previous steps for the other earpiece. Both earphones are successfully calibrated.
Watch this video: Connecting and Troubleshooting JLab True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
What if the headphones don’t automatically connect to my Bluetooth device when I turn it on again?
1. With both earbuds turned on, manually search your Bluetooth device settings and tap “Epic Air R” or “Epic Air L”.
2. If this does not re-establish the connection, turn off both earbuds and forget “Epic Air R” or “Epic Air L” in your device settings.
3. Follow the instructions in “PAIRING WITH BLUETOOTH” to restore the connection.
What If the problem with my Bluetooth Headphones persists?
If the problem persists, try the solution below:
1. Restart your devices.
2. Re-establish the Bluetooth connection.
3. If you have the Near Field Communication(NFC) feature, use it to re-establish the connection.
Precautions: Why is Jlab Bluetooth Headphone Not Turning On
- Avoid extreme heat, cold, and humidity.
- Avoid dropping or crushing the earphones, subjecting the ear hook to rapid pulling or excessive force, and avoid bending the ear hook at an acute angle.
- Wax can build up in the tips of the headphones, reducing sound quality. Carefully remove the wax with a Q-tip or other small tool to improve the sound quality.
- If you experience discomfort or pain, try lowering the volume or temporarily stopping use.
- If you regularly experience discomfort while using this product, stop using it and consult your doctor.
- We recommend treating your headphones the same way you would a good pair of sunglasses and storing them in a safe place when not in use.
No sound from Bluetooth headphones/speakers or noise occurs.
- For detailed information on operating the device, please refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
- If the device battery is low, please charge the battery first and then follow the procedure below.
- With a Bluetooth connection, sound transmission in complete silence or at low volumes may occur with a barely perceptible background “white” noise. This is normal for Bluetooth audio transmission (and not only; when playing “complete silence”, there may be background “white noise” from the operation of the audio path of the amplifier of players or headphones, even with wired connections) and is not a malfunction
Noises and interruptions in the sound of Bluetooth headphones or speakers can occur for various reasons. Please follow the appropriate solution for each case:
|Case 1||When the Bluetooth device is used around other Bluetooth devices. When Bluetooth devices are used near other devices, the radio waves emitted by them may adversely affect those Bluetooth devices.||Turn off the Bluetooth function on other Bluetooth devices and place your Bluetooth audio source closer to the audio device and in line of sight. If you experience playback interruptions when listening in a large group (for example, at a party when several people connected to a Bluetooth audio device from their smartphones to play their music), ask guests to unpair their devices from the audio device if possible and turn off Bluetooth temporarily to not interfere with the current transmission.|
|Case 2||When the Bluetooth device is in a jacket or trouser pocket or in a bag while listening to an audio recording. Noise occurs when the human body blocks the antenna of a Bluetooth device and interferes with the transmission of Bluetooth signals.||When using a Bluetooth device in your pocket or bag, move it to a location where there are no obstructions to signal transmission. For example, from a bag or trouser pocket to a breast pocket or upper section of a bag (backpack).Note: Keep in mind that the attenuation of the Bluetooth signal is stronger when the signal source (player/smartphone) is close to the body than when it is at some small distance from it.|
|Case 3||When the Bluetooth device is used near Wi-Fi routers, personal computers, microwave ovens, refrigerators, cell towers, etc. Wi-Fi routers, personal computers, microwave ovens, refrigerators, etc., are devices that emit radio waves. These radio waves may affect Bluetooth devices that are used in locations where radiation is emitted from multiple sources at the same time.||Please keep Bluetooth devices away from Wi-Fi routers, personal computers, microwave ovens, refrigerators, etc., to avoid exposure to radio frequency interference. Place your Bluetooth audio source closer to the audio device and in line of sight. If you are using noise-canceling headphones, turn them off.|
|Case 4||When the device is used far away from the player, such as in another room.The farther the Bluetooth headphones/speakers are from the Bluetooth player, the weaker the signal they receive will be. The Bluetooth signal may be very weak when using Bluetooth headphones/speakers and a Bluetooth player in different rooms with closed doors.||Keep the Bluetooth headphones/speakers as close as possible to the Bluetooth player.|
|Case 5||When playing music (audio data) via a Bluetooth device placed in a case.If the protective case has metal parts or is made of thick materials, these parts/materials will weaken the Bluetooth signal.||Remove the cover from the Bluetooth player (player or smartphone)|
|Case 6||When streaming music (audio data) from the Internet.The sound is adversely affected by Internet streaming conditions, as the music (audio data) the Bluetooth player receives is then transmitted to the Bluetooth headphones/speakers. Moreover, the sound is more affected by the playback of music (audio data) having a large volume.||Play downloaded audio recordings instead of streaming audio over the Internet.Try setting your Wi-Fi router to a different Wi-Fi channel (or use a 5GHz Wi-Fi connection if possible) to minimize interference with Bluetooth transmission.|
|Case 7||When playing music from an enhanced-quality file or a high-resolution audio signal. The file size will increase if the music files are compatible with the High-Resolution audio signal format. Large music files may interfere with Bluetooth transmission.||Change the quality settings for Bluetooth audio streaming on your Bluetooth player or on your Bluetooth headphones or speaker to Priority on a stable connection. This is equivalent to switching the used Bluetooth audio codecs in the settings of the Bluetooth player (player/smartphone) from AptX, LDAC, etc. to SBC*For details on supported connection modes, Bluetooth codecs, and switching options, see the instructions for your player/smartphone and Bluetooth audio device|
|Case 8||When many applications are running at the same time while using the Bluetooth function.||To reduce the load, close those applications that are not used on the device.|
Conclusion: Why is Jlab Bluetooth Headphone Not Turning On
Bluetooth headphones have now become a member of household gadgets around the world. Most times, issues might come up during use. In this article, Why is Jlab Bluetooth Headphone Not Turning On, we have discussed how to fix a few situations.