Vizio is a known brand in the world of smart TVs due to its excellent picture quality and reasonable price. A Vizio TV comes with many preconfigured apps and remote control. A vital element of the remote is the V button which helps you launch apps on your Vizio TV. But what if you have to Download Apps on Vizio TV Without V Button?
There can be many reasons why your Vizio remote V button stops working, and you might wonder how to download apps on Vizio TV without V button. In this article, How to Download Apps on Vizio TV Without V Button, I will show you different practical methods to help you win the day by learning how to Download Apps on Vizio TV Without V Button. So let’s get started right away.
Can you download more apps on a Vizio Smart TV?
Yes, you can. However, it largely depends on the platform your Vizio TV has. As each model comes with new updates, every model has a different platform installed. As a result, every model can have a different download limit. Here is a list of commonly used platforms:
Vizio SmartCast HD TVs came to market from 2016 to 2017. This platform has no pre-installed apps and allows you to download from the Connected TV Store.
Vizio SmartCast 4K UHD TV was released after 2018. It won’t let you install apps from an external source. Nonetheless, you can use methods such as screencasting.
Vizio Internet Apps (VIA) was released into the market before 2013. As this model is comparatively old, there are fewer chances for you to download various apps from an external source.
Vizio Internat Apps Plus (VIA Plus) is a platform people started to use from 2013 to 2017. You can easily download apps on it. The primary source for apps downloading on the platform is the Connected TV Store.
How to Download Apps on Vizio TV Without V Button? Explained
Most of the compatible apps are available in the dedicated Vizio TV app store. Sometimes, an app is unavailable in the app store or may not even be listed there. In that case, your only chance is to download apps on Vizio TV without V button.
Thankfully, most Vizio TVs can run Android apps, and you can also download them free from a reliable website. You can use the following techniques to download apps on Vizio TV without V button. Do review each method to determine the most effective one for your Vizio smart TV.
Use Vizio Internet Apps to Download Apps to Vizio TV
Downloading apps from Vizio Internet Apps is the simplest and easiest way to download apps for your Vizio TV. You can use the following procedure as a complete guide.
- First of all, connect your Vizio TV to the internet.
- On the TV remote, click “Home” twice.
- Your TV will now show the apps you’ve installed on a new screen. The “All Apps” menu will provide access to every app and category.
- Find the App you wish to use on your TV by searching the Featured, Latest, Apps, and Categories areas. Additionally, you can also use the search option to look for a specific program.
- After choosing an app and tapping it, hold down the OK button on your TV remote for a couple of seconds. Then the installation of the app will start.
Watch this video on How to Download Apps on Vizio TV Without V Button:
Sideload Apps onto Vizio TV with a Flash Drive
Another effective way to install or download apps on Vizio TV without V button is through sideloading. This method allows you to download apps for your smart TV from a safe third-party source. It comes in handy in a situation where your smart TV lacks a reliable wireless connection.
In addition, you’ll need a flash drive that works with your Vizio TV and can store the APK. It will help you in download apps on Vizio TV without V button. Bear in mind that downloading from reliable APK sources can save your device from viruses and malware. Follow the following procedure to sideload apps to your Vizio smart TV:
- On your computer and insert the flash drive in it.
- Open Chrome or a relatively similar browser, then search for the app you want on a trusted APK website.
- Save the APK to the flash drive after downloading it. Now eject the flash drive from your computer.
- The next step is to switch off your Vizio TV and remove the power cord from the socket.
- Now, connect the flash drive and insert the power cable to turn the TV on.
- Start your Vizio TV, then wait for it to detect the flash drive.
- Install the APK and see if it appears on the Vizio TV apps list.
Use Android Phone to Screencast Apps
If you are unable to download apps on Vizio TV without V button externally, you can also try screencasting content using your smartphone. This method is effective if you’re trying to install a particular streaming app unavailable on VIA Plus or the Connected TV Store.
Furthermore, most Vizio TVs’ Screencast feature lets you project your smartphone or tablet’s app screen onto your TV. The Vizio TV should be connected to the same wifi network as your mobile device.
It would help if you were on the same network for your mobile device to find your TV’s wireless display easily. Follow the steps for a complete guide.
- Open the streaming app of your choice on your phone after signing into your account.
- Afterward, click the Cast icon located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Power up your Vizio TV and choose it from the list of devices. Now you can cast content from your phone to your smart TV.
AirPlaying Streaming Apps from iPhone
Most Vizio TV models have a smartCast option that supports AirPlay 2. It means that you can use iOS devices such as iPad, iPhone, or iMac to stream AirPlay content. Follow the given steps for a complete process.
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch a streaming app.
- Choose the streaming media you want to use.
- Click the button with the Airplay icon.
- Choose the TV’s name. The media will then begin to stream.
Final Verdict- Download Apps on Vizio TV Without V Button
The Latest Vizio Tv models come with many interesting inbuilt apps. But adding up to the collection is never unpleasant, right? However, before downloading apps, remember to look at the TV model, as some of them allow downloading and others don’t. You can also try screencasting content if nothing does anything good.
Hopefully, the methods explained above, how to download apps on Vizio TV without V button, may prove practical and helpful to download apps on Vizio TV without V button. Visit audioambition to learn more.