How can you connect phone to TV using Bluetooth? Look no further, as this task is less hassle and surprisingly easy. We have more smart devices than ever before; all you need to do is to know how to connect them.
With the help of this guide, you will be a pro, and you will be able to connect phone to TV using Bluetooth, resulting in their perfect match. There are various ways to cast things or stream from your smartphone to the big screen of your TV, but the most popular one is through Bluetooth.
You can now connect phone to TV using Bluetooth and watch movies, videos, music, games, look at photos, and much more. Below in this article, you will find everything about how to connect phone to TV using Bluetooth.
Can you connect your phone to your TV without Wi-Fi?
To connect your phone to your TV, you need a screen mirroring app on your devices. While using screen mirroring apps, you can wirelessly stream content from your phone to your TV and other functions like remote access, music streaming, and more. Hence, no Wi-Fi or internet connection is required to connect your phone to your smart TV.
Requirements to Connect Phone to TV Using Bluetooth
If you want to connect phone to TV using Bluetooth, make sure both devices have Bluetooth capabilities. In addition, your TV needs display compatibility with your smartphone. The display compatibility of new phones differs from that of older phones.
Bluetooth-capable TVs generally support audio connection, while they need specialized cables for video connection. In addition, these connections support streaming video, while file sharing and screen mirroring are not expected.
Some TVs are specifically designed to ensure wireless use with specific smartphones and can only connect via their app. Moreover, these TVs have features unavailable on traditional TVs, like streaming directly from Netflix or any other online service.
Benefits of Connecting Phone to TV Using Bluetooth
You can have several benefits from connecting your phone to your big screen using Bluetooth technology, making it a great choice to stream media and watch the video of your choice on the big screen. Additionally, you can easily share the content from your phone without wires or cables.
You can move freely while your content is streaming. The audio-video performance of Bluetooth is excellent, providing a smooth streaming experience without any stuttering. Bluetooth technology requires significantly less power to function and is energy efficient.
It is ideal for both short-time and long-term viewing sessions. In addition, Bluetooth devices are comparatively inexpensive than other media streaming devices and are readily available at electronic stores.
Steps to Connect your Phone to TV Using Bluetooth
Nowadays, more and more people are looking forward to ways to connect phones to tv using Bluetooth, and you might be one of them too. This is because Bluetooth offers a much more speedy wireless connection than traditional wired connections.
According to a survey conducted in 2021, nearly one-third of surveyed participants connected their smartphones to their smart TV. So keep reading this article because you will learn the steps to successfully pair up your phone with your tv using Bluetooth technology.
Firstly, all you need to do is turn on the phone and TV Bluetooth settings and keep these settings visible for both of the devices to connect appropriately. After that, connect them directly via the BlueTooth device search feature available within the television settings menus.
Select “connect” or “yes” when the device has detected a potential connection. As the two devices communicate differently, you may have to repeat the step several times to establish a strong connection between them.
Once the connection has been established, refer to your phone’s directions to set up your display and audio output. From here onwards, you can now enjoy content from your phone on the big screen anytime you want.
You can learn more about connecting your phone to your TV from the videos below:
How to connect Phone to Android TV | via Bluetooth
Troubleshooting Tips to Connect Phone to TV using Bluetooth
Follow these simple steps to solve the issue of connecting your phone to a tv using Bluetooth:
- You have to ensure that both devices are powered on and within proximity. Bluetooth requires a line-of-sight connection between your phone and the TV, so keep them close to each other.
- Ensure that Bluetooth of both devices is enabled and set to “Discoverable,” thereby allowing the devices to scan for nearby devices to create a connection.
- Both devices should use identical Bluetooth protocol versions. That is, they must be compatible. If they are incompatible, update your TV’s software or get an adapter that can connect phones with different Bluetooth protocols.
- Restart both devices and perform a new pairing process if the problem remains.
- You can refer to your device manual for instructions on connecting your phone to a TV using Bluetooth technology.
Some Other Methods to Connect the Phone to a TV
There are several other ways to connect your phone to a TV if you want to use something other than Bluetooth technology. In addition, if your TV does not support Bluetooth, there are other alternative methods as follows:
- Chromecast or Apple TV: These devices require Wi-Fi connections to stream content from your phone to your TV. It allows you access to streaming applications like Netflix and Hulu. These devices do not need cables or Bluetooth connections.
- HDMI Cable: HDMI cable connects your phone to your TV, and as this is the most popular method by far, it is easy to set up and provides reliable connectivity.
- AirPlay: Apple has its protocol known as AirPlay. It allows you to wirelessly stream content from an iOS device like an iPhone or iPad directly onto a television. This connection needs that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Android Screen Mirroring: Samsung smart TVs can pick up certain types of media being streamed from compatible Android devices via Wi-Fi Direct. This option makes it easier for users to have no problem getting a high-quality video experience.
Final Call: How to Connect Phone to TV Using Bluetooth
As you can see from this article, connecting your phone to a TV using Bluetooth is a great and one of the easiest methods to share media between them. Of course, an appropriate setup is required, along with compatible devices. Once you get it right, it will provide you with more convenience and entertainment.
For a successful connection, ensure your TV setup is up to date and its software is running correctly. If you have queries or problems connecting your devices through BlueTooth, we are a comment away for helpful advice.