Do you want to connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4 but need to know how to do it? Well, we understand that when you play on PS4, you enjoy an immersive experience more with the audio. You can plug any headphones into your PS4, but Bluetooth is the way to go.
No annoying cord is required for your Bluetooth connection. Keep in mind that not all headphones are compatible with the PS4. Therefore, you must know all the tricks to sync Bluetooth headphones with the PS4. After reading this guide, you can connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4.
How many Bluetooth devices can you connect to your PS4?
It would help if you considered that there is a limitation to the number of connections a Play Station could support. The amount depends on the console model. You can check your user manual for specifications. You can generally make three to four connections as a practical limit. That Bluetooth devices need to be compatible with your PS4 as well.
Can You Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4?
The answer is yes if you want to know whether you can connect your Bluetooth Headphones to PS4. You can connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4 and enjoy games on your Play Station as long as they are officially compatible with the console.
The PS4 uses CTIA ( Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association ) standard, the latest technology for headphones inputs. Hence, that means they can work with random Bluetooth Headphones. According to a survey conducted in 2018, in China, Bluetooth headphone sales were estimated to reach almost 19.2 million units.
However, this console uses a specific Bluetooth version for its audio, and many models are incompatible. Most Bluetooth work with the console if they are compatible with each other. Connect them to the console by following simple steps.
What do you Need
- A PS4
- A PS4 controller
- A Bluetooth Headphone
Before connecting your headphones, make sure that your headphones are compatible with the PS4. This information is provided on the packaging of the headset or online. If your headphones are not compatible with the PS4, unfortunately, you will not be able to connect them.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4
- Put your headphones in pairing mode by following the instructions. Hold the power button for six to ten seconds for this purpose.
- Select “Settings” on the PS4.
- Next, go to “ Devices.”
- Choose “ Bluetooth Devices.”
- The headphones should appear in the list of Bluetooth devices if it is in pairing mode.
- The PS4 requires a few moments to search for nearby devices.
- Select the headset.
- Please wait for it to connect.
- Complete the process by registering the device.
- If your headphones are compatible with your PS4 console, you can see a message and use your headset wirelessly.
- Once the repair is done, you are all set.
- You can adjust the sound settings. Click the “PS” button, then change the settings by clicking “Sound/Devices.”
Read the manual given with your headphones for an even better understanding of the connectivity function on the device. Below are the options you need to know to connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4. You can choose from them and enjoy your headphones.
Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4 Using the PS4 Remote Play Application
This option is not the best and may not work for some games. However, it is worth the possibilities as you may not need to purchase the Bluetooth USB adapter due to this connection.
The Remote Play Application allows you to access the PS4 through WiFi or mobile devices. Enjoy your PS4 games with your phone while using the on-screen controller.
- Download and then install the PS4 remote Play Application.
- Navigate to settings and activate the Remote Play Function, then Remote Play Connection settings.
- Make sure to enable Remote Play on the PS4.
- Select “Device,” then select “Code.”
- An eight-digit code will appear.
- Open the application, then enter the code on your phone.
Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4 Using the Controller
You have another option you can connect Bluetooth Headphones using the console controller. It would help if you had an audio cable with a microphone. Many wireless headsets come with this cable.
- Connect the PlayStation 4 controller and the headphones with the audio cable.
- Turn on the headset.
- At the top of the console home menu, select “configuration.”
- Click on “Devices.”
- Select “Bluetooth Devices.”
- Select your headphones from the list and activate them.
- After starting the headphones, go to devices and select “ Audio Devices.”
- Select headphones connected to the controller.
- Click on “Headphones Output.”
- Select “choose All Audio.”
Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4 Using a USB Adapter
Another option is also available if you do not have an audio cable with a microphone. That option is to use a USB Bluetooth Adapter.
- Insert the USB Bluetooth adapter into the console port.
- Select “Settings.”
- Then select “ Audio Devices.”
- Click on “ Device Output” and then select “ USB Headphones. “
- Select “Headphone Output”
- Choose “ All Audio Mode. “
Ensure It is Connected Correctly
To ensure that you can connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4, they should be branded explicitly as compatible with your Play Station. In addition, you need to perform a sound check to ensure the device functions properly.
Depending on your headset type and features, it may take some tweaking to achieve the desired results. It would be best if you remembered that there is a limitation to the number of Bluetooth connections your PS4 can support. Moreover, it majorly depends on your console model.
- To verify the settings, test out a game.
- You need to check that your adjustments are on point. You can do this via the Audio Devices page in your PS4 settings.
You can get to know more about connecting your Bluetooth Headphones to PS4 from the videos below:
Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Playstation 4!
Final Words: How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4
Enjoy the enhanced experience by exploring everything your PS4 provides once you have Bluetooth pairing experience under your belt. Enjoy your gaming at your console with an excellent audio experience.
Get your perfect Bluetooth Headphones and get their settings just right. Then, try out the accessories for some fun and exciting games. For that purpose, we recommend you research your play station to get the most out of it.
Explore our guide to get a better understanding of connecting your Bluetooth headphones to PS4. We are a comment away if you want to know more about how to connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4.